Pages

Monday 23 January 2012

The moment I realise I'm narrating my own life...

Not a very long post today, I just want to talk quickly about something I've noticed recently...

For example, I got out of the shower earlier and had my towel on the radiator because my Uni house is badly insulated and it's COLD here. But this is what went though my head...

"Wrapping the towel around her body felt like being enveloped in a warm, dry hug. She breathed a sigh of contentment."
It was at that moment that I realised... I'm narrating my own life.

It happened again when I went down to my kitchen to get myself something to eat and discovered one of my lovely house mates had left dirty dishes all around the kitchen.  The first thing in my head

"She blew out a breath through tightly pursed lips. The kitchen was a mess. Again."
When I wrote my profile in 3rd person, it was meant to be a joke. I didn't mean I actually talked about myself in the 3rd person... but now it seems that I do!

Is this an odd thing? Or, is this just something that comes with having a writer's head attached to my shoulders?

Perhaps one of the more experienced writers out there can tell me if they do this too, so I don't think I'm going crazy!

Sarah x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!