Pages

Tuesday 3 January 2012

Look back: Favourite films of 2011

I love all forms of escapism, be that reading, TV shows, or movies!

2011 was a good year for films! Here are a few of my stand outs! I'm very easily pleased when it comes to films and will watch almost anything, so you won't find very much criticism here!

1. X-Men: First Class



Not only were James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender pleasing to look at, they were very enjoyable to watch acting. Also, I got my first look at Jennifer Lawrence's acting, in preparation for the Hunger Games next year. I now have faith that she'll do Katniss justice. I really enjoyed the storyline, and I'm really excited to see the next instalment of the series.

2. Fright Night





I'm not really into 'scary' movies. I did, however, want to see this one for the selfish reason of ogling David Tennant in leather. I couldn't find anyone to go with me, and when I passed the cinema on my way home from shopping it started to rain and I mean rain. It was a sign. I went in and watched it by myself, and ended up really enjoying it. Anton Yelchin is so adorable, and a good actor. The story was predictable, but tolerable and the comic relief actually had me laughing out loud at times.

3. Three Musketeers



An all star cast. The plot was a bit far fetched at times and they missed the opportunity to have an amazing action movie but it was good fun. There were great comic lines and it had some of my favourite actors including Northern Irish born Ray Stevenson. Seeing Orlando Bloom in a 'baddie' role is almost enough for anyone to sit through it, even if it's for all the wrong reasons.

4. Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes



Saw this with Mum on our holidays and we really enjoyed it. It's jammed full of emotion and heartbreaking stuff, along with action and drama. It was one of those films that I got totally absorbed and if a bomb had gone off beside me I don't think I would have noticed. The last film I remember that did that to me was Taken with Liam Neeson.

5. Jane Eyre



I love costume drama's and Michael Fassbender's face. So naturally, I adored this movie.

6. In Time



Really got into this film. Didn't expect it to be so good (sorry JT) but it surprised me. I was gagging with fanfiction plots afterwards because the world the movie is set in is so interesting. Almost went to see it twice but I'll have to just wait until it's out on DVD.

I should also mention Lion King 3D. I don't think that the 3D added anything to this movie HOWEVER, being able to see a film that had such an impact on my childhood, in the cinema environment, with my friends was an experience I'll never forget. It is a truly magnificent film and I STILL cried when Mufasa died even though I dare not count the number of times that I that I've seen this movie.

That's my round up of my favourite movies! I'm going to do a post on the movies I'm most looking forward to in 2012 next!

What was your favourite movie of 2011?

Sarah xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!