Pages

Tuesday 23 April 2013

T is for Thriller

*Michael Jackson plays in the background*

Thriller. All things that go bump in the night, and tension that's pulled so tight it might actually split you in two.

I think Stephen King can safely be regarded as the King (ha!) of the thriller genre. I've been wanting to read Carrie now for ages, but the two libraries that I use (the one nearest my home, and the one nearest my university house) never seem to have it! Next time I have a book haul, I can almost guarantee that it will get bought. It definitely has to be read before the movie re-boot with Chloe Grace Moretz comes out later this year!

I can remember from my early reading days that I had a lot of the Goosebumps books. Middle Grade horror, I'm sure those a bit older than me will remember them too! I really liked them, though I can't remember ever being scared by them.

Having said that, I do remember a few nights ago that I had a dream there was a 'Ring' esque girl sitting in the corner of my room, and when I got up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, I couldn't look at that corner of my room. So maybe I do get scared some of the time.

My thriller reads could definitely do with some beefing up. Can you recommend any good thrillers?

Sarah x

1 comment:

  1. Have you read John Ajvide Lindqvist? He wrote Let the Right One In and Harbor, and he might make you put Stephen King at the back of your thriller bookshelf. :)

    Jan at Website
    Beyond Acadia
    Faith Talk
    Swamp Lily Review

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!