Pages

Friday 16 January 2015

Top 5 TV shows I watched in 2014

Working full time has drastically reduced the amount of free time that I have, so I've had to re-evaluate how much TV that I watch. Mediocre shows that I was just watching because I could have been thrown away in favour of TV that I actually enjoy.

That being said, I've got a list of the top 5 TV shows that I watched in 2014.

1. Game Of Thrones

This one always has a special place in my heart because most of it is filmed in Northern Ireland, and I know people who are in it! But as a show in itself it is an amazing epic feat. The actors are all, for the most part, extremely talented people and the show is portraying George R.R. Martins fantasy world brilliantly. The story may be divulging from the books somewhat, but I'm still excited to see where it's going in the future. The cinematography never fails, and it has some wonderful CGI. 


2. Outlander 

outlander_tv_series_2014-2560x1440The first of three new additions to my watch list is Outlander, based on the book by Diana Gabaldon. It's a wonderful show with powerful acting. The premise and romance are a little convenient at times, but it is none the less a really wonderful show with a very powerful lead female and a lead male that is very easy on the eyes. It also had one of the most natural and organic sex scenes that I've seen portrayed on screen.


3. The 100

I'd avoided this for a while. I knew that it was around and made the mistake of thinking that because it was a 'Teen' show that I would tire of it as I have of others. However, this show, after a few episodes really gets going. It doesn't hold punches and is a very gritty post-apocalyptic portrayal of human nature. It also has a phenomenal and diverse cast of really good actors. 


4. Orange Is The New Black

I don't know how I managed to avoid this show until the middle of 2014 seeing as it was literally everywhere on the internet. I can vividly remember when I started to watch it. It was at about 5am after a night that I hadn't slept at all. Its a wonderful show, full of complex characters. I've never seen so many women share the screen at one time and is absolutely wonderful. Since watching this show I've been paying a little more attention to representation on TV and that in itself is a really positive thing that I've taken away from this show. Everyone should see this show. You literally cannot compare it to anything out there right now, or anything that's come before. 

5. Teen Wolf

This show continues to be one of my favourite things to watch. The plots are so good and the characters even better. It's got such a powerful underlying theme of friendship and looking out for one another. I've said it before that I love the world that Teen Wolf creates where homophobia and stereotypes are just not a thing whatsoever! It also has the addition of Dylan O'Brien who is one of the most talented young actors in Hollywood right now. It also has an amazing soundtrack that has introduced me to a lot of new artists to listen to whilst writing. One of which being the amazing Hozier. 

What were you watching in 2014? What are you excited for in 2015?

Sarah x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!