Pages

Wednesday 7 March 2012

KONY 2012

So this video has been doing the rounds on Facebook and Twitter and I just think the blogosphere should pick up on it too!

If you haven't already watched this video, now's the time. Don't be put off by how long it is, no matter how busy you are.




I do agree that this is only one problem in a million that we currently have going on in the world, but surely it's better to start with one, than to not start at all?

The starfish story is one of my favourite little tales and it's not going to be more appropriate than with this:

One day a man was walking along the beach when he noticed
a boy picking something up and gently throwing it into the ocean.

Approaching the boy, he asked, What are you doing?

The youth replied, Throwing starfish back into the ocean.
The surf is up and the tide is going out. If I don't throw them back, they'll die.

Son, the man said, don't you realize there are miles and miles of beach and hundreds of starfish?
You cant make a difference!

After listening politely, the boy bent down, picked up another starfish,
and threw it back into the surf. Then, smiling at the man, he said
I made a difference for that one.

I've ordered myself a Kony2012 action kit to help raise awareness in my Uni with the posters and everything. Hopefully we will make a difference and get this man arrested for the thousands of lives that he's ruined. 

Sarah x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!