Pages

Friday 9 March 2012

Music To Write To: Ludovico Einaudi

Time for our third instalment of Music to write to!

This week I'm listening to Ludovico Einaudi, specifically his compilation album entitled 'Islands'.


Don't make  me try to pronounce that name, because I sure as hell won't be able to!

Genre's suitable for: Contemporary, historical, fantasy, romance, general background writing music

Personal highlights: I giorni, Primavera, Divenire, Ancora

This album is just great for writing either the romantic parts, or for anything really, you can just put this album on and totally forget what's going on around you and just write!

The main instrument on most of the album is a piano, and only a piano. Sometimes there are collaborations with other instruments, mostly string, but most of the time it's just him and his piano! You may have already heard some of the music, as it's very popular with film & tv soundtracks, along with a few TV adverts! It's a very calming sound compared some of the music that I will be recommending in later "MTWT" instalments!

If I can't sleep, I stick this album on quietly and it doesn't take long for me to drift off on the beautiful melodies!




Sarah x

2 comments:

  1. I've been listening to Beats Antique pretty much nonstop this week. I love them, their music is a unique mix of middle eastern, tribal, and dubstep.

    p.s. I gave you an award on my blog, last Wednesday, but I forgot to tell you about it cause I am a horrible horrible person.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SA_kvN3pVk&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the award! And thank you also for introducing me to Beats Antique! My WIP is set in Persia, so the middle eastern aspect of this music is just perfect for what I'm doing at the moment! Defiantly going to be checking more of their stuff out!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!