Pages

Tuesday 20 March 2012

Music To Write To: Loreena McKennitt

So, my music segment is a little later than I had planned it but I've had a busy week. I only have a week and a half left of classes before I get off for my Easter holidays and understandably, that means a lot of deadlines for essays and such which I may or may not have already started... *shakes fist at self for procrastination*

BUT I've got a spare few minutes while I'm waiting around for people who are coming to view our house to rent for next year. In all honesty, good luck to them, this house has been a bit of a bad luck charm as far as I've been concerned. It's been a revolving door with people moving in and out due to arguments and general things. Luckily I was never on the end of any of the bother, but it's still been a bit of a roller-coaster! Things seem to be settled finally, with only a few months left on our lease! Oh well, isn't that the way life goes!

Without further ado I give you:

Loreena McKennitt!

 

I found this wonderful lady whilst flicking through my friends iPod. She had an album called 'An Ancient Muse' and I remember being completely entranced with the music! She gave me a lend of the CD to put it on my iTunes and I've never looked back. 

Genres suitable for: historic, fantasy, paranormal, 
Personal highlights: Kecharitomene, Caravanserai, The Highwayman, The Mummers' Dance

Initially I just listened to her because her music was very soothing, and I really liked the Celtic and Arabic influences. Then, however, I got the idea for my Persian fiction and the music, especially that on her 'An Ancient Muse' album, just fit so perfectly it must have been some sort of act of fate that I'd discovered her! 



If you, you out there reading my post, know of any similar music to any of the artists that I post about, do drop me a comment and let me know! I'm always on the lookout for new music to take me - and my writing - to new heights!

Sarah x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!