Pages

Thursday 1 January 2015

My 2015 To-Do List

I've never much held with the 'Resolutions' because if you're going to change your life, diet, eat healthier, spend more time with friends, then you can up and choose to do that at any time, you don't need the new year to do it!

Having said that, there are some things that I'd like to achieve in the new year. So instead of a 'Resolutions' list, I'm putting up a "To-do" list.

1. Start a jar of positives



I was at a friends house for New Years and everyone gathered around to read out what his mum called her 'Blessings Box', a collection of little slips of paper she'd written whenever she felt blessed. It was a wonderful experience and I've set my mind to doing something similar. I have the unfortunate personality trait of 'glass half empty' so it will be nice to have something to actively take note of the positives!

2. Finish a WIP

I've never finished an original story and I'm hoping upon hope that 2015 is the year that I do it.

3. Get a new camera and get some of my photographs printed out and hung up.

After purchasing a new computer for Christmas, it will be a while before I can afford a new camera, but I used to take a lot of photos and I'd really like to get back into the Photography.
 I have a lot of pictures that I'm quite proud of, and I'd like to get some printed out a decent size and displayed in some manner around my flat.



4. Take a weekend break to somewhere I've never been.

I'm not very well travelled and I should really get one of those voucher thingies and take a weekend break to somewhere, whether it be in the UK or Europe. Perhaps once I've gotten my camera so I can document it!

5. Read 30 books.

I hate to lose. Which is why for the last two years I have adjusted my total books for the Goodreads reading challenge down to whatever number of books I have read so it still registers that I have completed the challenge, when in actual fact I have failed what I originally posted. Not this year though. It's 30 books or bust.

6. Join a club or organisation. 

It probably won't be until the summer or next school term as I've too much to do when school is on as it's still my first year. But next September, when I've more of a handle on things, I reckon I'll have time to join some sort of club!

7. See Carrie Hope Fletcher in Les Mis.


This wonderful ray of sunshine is the Youtuber and West End Star Carrie Hope Fletcher. I've been watching her online videos for years now, and playing Eponine in Les Mis has always been one of her life's ambitions. In June 2013 she was announced as the new Eponine, and in June 2014 she said she'd stay at Les Mis for another year. Now that I live in England it's so much more likely that I'll be able to get to see her! I've never had the pleasure of meeting her, but having watched her for years on Youtube I feel like a proud big sister and I have to see her before she leaves the production.

8. Go to a recording of a show.

Radio or TV I don't mind. The BBC always does free tickets to a lot of their shows and I'd love to give it a go!

9. Go to a book signing.

I've only ever been to one book signing, and it was Kathy Reichs. She came to my University while I was there on a book tour and I got it signed for my Dad as he's a big fan of her Temperance Brennan series (of which the TV show Bones is based on!). It's about time I went to another one! I'll have to keep an eye out for signings in my area!

10. Keep a journal.

I've tried this before and it hasn't worked. Let's hope 2015 is the year!


What have you got planned in 2015? Do you have some resolutions? Let me know!

Sarah x


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!