Pages

Monday 2 April 2012

Lucky Number 7 Meme!

If you follow other writing blogs (and if you've found your way to mine, chances are you probably do!) then you're bound to have seen the Lucky 7 meme posting going on!


Well, I've been lucky enough to get myself tagged! Yay! Thank you to the lovely Amy over at http://amychristineparker.blogspot.co.uk/ for the tag!

This is what I have to do: Go to the 77th page of my WIP, (err, I'll go 7th, seeing as the 77th does not yet exist!) 7th line, and copy the next 7 lines, no cheating! (I kind of already have but you wouldn't want to read 7 lines of nothing now would you?)


So here's 7 lines of the still Untitled Persian fiction! If you're interested I have added a WIP page to my tabs at the top of my blog where you can read a brief plot outline if the next 7 lines are to your liking!


Maybe this is why the rich manage to acquire so many things. They buy simply because they can.
“Are you going to pay for it, or just put your dirty gypsy fingers all over it?” the merchant sneers before taking a long swig from a jug. The smell drifts over on the afternoon breeze and I get a nostril full of cheap wine and unwashed skin. He wipes his mouth with a dirty sleeve. “Clear off, little whore!”
It’s not only his tone of voice that ignites a fire in my belly, but the name he has the gall to use for me. Whore. 


Apparently now I have to tag 7 other bloggers. I've seen this meme bounce back and forth so much now that I have no idea who has already done it! So I'm going to do another sneaky little cheat and not tag anyone! If you haven't done this already, and have been waiting for a nice little tag, then please! Tag yourself! And don't forget to leave me a comment with a link so I can go take a look. I love taking a peek at WIP's!


Sarah x

2 comments:

  1. Hi there!

    This is such a good meme for writers. I did one a couple of weeks ago now ... if you want to check it out.

    http://unpublishedworksofme.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/lucky-7-challenge.html

    Love your 7 lines. I am already hooked. Your descriptions are so vivid and I can almost smell the wine and skin.

    I have also stopped by to let you know that I have awarded you with the Kreativ Blogger Award. Head on over to my blog to check it out:

    http://unpublishedworksofme.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. saw your got the Kreativ award passed on; always looking for fiction and writing fanattics like myself!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!