I remember this time last year I wasn't that happy about turning 19 because it was so close to 20... and now it's here. The big 2-0. What can I say? I don't feel any different.
My mother has a saying that she and her friends used as their slogans when they were all turning 40 and that was: Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional. And I think that's true for me. I just, sort of imagined that I would have had more memories from my teen years. I kind of thought I'd do all the things that they did in the books and movies; have a whirlwind summer romance, swim with dolphins, get my Hogwarts acceptance letter...
Now I'm in my twenties, the typical to-do list looks more like this: Get a job (ew.), get my own house, get married, have kids... The 20's list looks so much scarier! Where's my Tardis?
The day itself was pretty awesome. I was at my Uni house, and I came downstairs to this:
My house mate Laura had been down at 3am and decorated the living room and kitchen of our house! Then later that day, with my other house mate, we went ice skating and bowling, then had midnight pizza and movie (27 Dresses in case you're wondering). It was the best birthday I've had in a long time. So, from the bottom of my heart, thank you girls.
I got a few nice presents including some additions to my library! I knew they were coming because I ordered them myself. Still, always nice to get a good big parcel in the post!
But that's not all!
I have been awarded this!
Thank you to the lovely Melissa from My Unpublished Life for the award!
So here are the 7 things about me that you might find interesting!
1. My favourite colour is purple. Seriously, even my kitchen utensils are purple...
2. I've never seen Dirty Dancing...
3. I must have the widest tastes in music. It ranges from poppy Katy Perry, to the country drawls of Lady Antebellum to metal kings that are Iron Maiden.
4. My favourite piece of classical art is Ophelia (from Hamlet) by Sir John Everett Millais. Google it. It's hauntingly beautiful.
5. I am famous among my friends for liking 'bad' movies. For example. It is almost universally acknowledged that Star Wars Ep. 2 - Attack Of The Clones is the worst of the 6 Star Wars movies. However, it's my favourite. I'm a sucker for Anakin/Padme.
6. I am a Christian. And as today's Easter, it's kind of a big deal. But whatever you believe, I hope you have/had a good and peaceful day :)
7. Everyone has been labelled something at one time or another. Usually it's not a good thing. But here are a few labels that I don't mind: Nerdfighter, Hopeful, Yognaut, Hiddlestoner, Whovian, Cinephile.
Hope you found those little titbits interesting!
Here are some of the lovely blogs that I'm passing this award onto! Sorry if you've already had the award before!
3. Teen Granny
Rules for the winners:
1. You must thank the person who has given you the award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link the person who has nominated you for the award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 other Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on which of the blogs to let them know they have been nominated.